14 Sacramento Street Unit 1—Cambridge, Agassiz
$1,250,000 | 14 Sacramento Street, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138
Set on an idyllic tree-lined street in the Agassiz neighborhood, this eye-catching Queen Anne style home offers untouched original details coupled with modern upgrades that will leave an indelible impression on all who visit. Amazing ceiling height, thick solid wood doors and moldings, glass transoms, and bay windows are a few of those details. The floor plan has a wonderful flow that creates a nice separation of space but also connects together well for social gatherings. The main level includes a bay window living room with an exposed brick fireplace, large dining room, sun-filled kitchen, two large bedrooms, office and a full bath. Off of the kitchen is a private deck overlooking landscaped gardens. The lower level room can be used as a media room, home office or bedroom and there is a ½ bath and access to the private washer/dryer and generous storage space. One off-street parking space completes the package. Come and experience this superb property surrounded by the abundant culinary and cultural offerings of Harvard and Porter Squares; Cambridge gems such as Giulia, Sanders Theatre, Harvard Museum of Natural History, and Honeycomb Creamery are just minutes away!
- Living Area: 1,717 square feet
- 7 rooms, 3 bedrooms, 1 study, 1 full bath, 1 half bath
- Built in 1873, Converted in 1983
- Condo Fee: $400 per month
Main living Level:
- The curb appeal of this home is incredible—from the brick walkway, past the beautifully landscaped front yard, up the granite steps and onto the ornate covered porch. Once on the porch, you are greeted by a stained-glass transom and sidelight entrance with the number “14” prominently displayed in the stained glass. Unit 1 has a section of the common foyer with a coat closet and bench area where you can kick off your shoes.
- Entry foyer: You are welcomed into the unit through thick solid wood double doors into a generous central foyer with original hardwood oak floors and high ceilings.
- Office: Straight ahead, off of the foyer is the office hallmarked by a gorgeous pocket door and two large windows. The glass French doors connect to one of the two bedrooms on this main level.
- Front bedroom: This room is so very spacious—there’s a 4-window bay with a built-in window seat and storage, and access to a “secret” covered porch. There is a lovely period light fixture, bookshelves and a closet.
- Living room: The living room features a 4-window bay with original wood parquet flooring and a wood-burning fireplace with a flagstone hearth and a bluestone mantle. The cabinet to the left was designed to store firewood.
- Dining room: The expansive dining room is framed by a wall of Andersen windows that overlook the side garden and is connected to both the living room and kitchen—fantastic for social gatherings.
- Eat-in kitchen: The kitchen has cherry shaker-style cabinets and open shelving, and a mix of Corian, butcher block and live edge countertops. Appliances include a Samsung 5-burner gas stove (2017) with a range hood, a KitchenAid dishwasher (2015), and a GE refrigerator with a bottom freezer (2017). There’s a bar area, perfect for casual dining, with two sets of Andersen casement windows that overlook the side garden.
- Private deck: The private mahogany deck off of the kitchen has built in seating and access to the side yard. This spacious deck can accommodate a grilling area with plenty of room to spare for your dinner guests.
- Main bedroom: The spacious bedroom has the original wood parquet floors, two large Andersen windows and oversized custom-fitted closets. The bedroom connects to the full bath, which is also accessible from the public space. Within this space is a dressing area with an additional double custom-fitted closet.
- Full Bathroom: The main level bathroom is accessible from the common areas and the main bedroom. This bath features a tub and shower with Italian glazed green ceramic tile surround. The Japanese-inspired finishes include maple flooring, two lovely hanging pendants, and a double vessel sink vanity with an agate mosaic style tile countertop and cherry cabinetry. A handy linen closet is just outside the door.
Lower Living Level:
- Just beyond the kitchen is a private staircase that leads to a finished room that could be used as a media or guest room. This room is heated by an electric baseboard. The door from this private room leads to a half bath, which is deeded for this condo, as well as access to the common laundry and storage room.
- Half Bath: There is plumbing available to restore a shower, which had been there when the Sellers purchased. The storage cabinet in the bathroom will remain.
- Laundry: Maytag gas dryer and Kenmore washer are included in the sale.
Systems & Storage:
- Heat: Burnham gas-fired steam boiler heats through radiators (2009) with a programmable thermostat.
- Water heater: Ruud 40-gallon gas-fired water heater (2020).
- Electrical: 100 amps circuit breakers.
- Water Filtration: the association has 2 water filters, one that removes carbon and the other that removes sediment.
- Basement storage: each unit has a private area.
Exterior and Property:
- Windows: Combinations of original leaded glass windows with storms and newer Andersen windows (2008).
- Roof: Asphalt shingles are older and the association has been saving to replace it.
- Siding: Wood clapboard, painted in 2018.
- Yard and side yards: Beautifully landscaped front yard and gardens on both sides of the property.
Parking: 1 off street tandem parking spot in driveway.
Condo Association & Financial Information:
- Owner-Occupancy: 3-unit self-managed association, 100% owner-occupied.
- Condo Fee: $400/month, which includes master insurance, water & sewer, maintenance, snow removal, landscaping, common electric, and capital reserve.
- Condo Account: there was $17,620 in the account as of August 31, 2020.
- This unit has a 33.33% beneficial interest.
- Pets: up to 2 are allowed.
- Smoking: not allowed in the units or common area.
- Rentals: cannot be for less than 30 days nor more than twice in a calendar year.
- Taxes: $3,715.61 FY20 (which includes a discount of $2,436 for the Residential Exemption).
- The Sacramento Street Community Garden is absolutely stunning and is located on the same block. It is owned and operated by the City of Cambridge and provides neighbors individual plots to garden for a small fee. One must be a resident of Cambridge, apply and get on a waiting list.
- Sacramento Field, a 1.2-acre neighborhood park is next to and tucked behind the community garden. This lovely green field is surrounded by trees and benches and has a basketball court on the far side of the park.
- Utilities: Eversource - Gas average: $115 per month. Electric: $25 per month.
- The City of Cambridge lists the square footage as 1501, which does not include the finished lower level room.
- The period light fixtures can be included if they will be appreciated.