Cambridge—Observatory Hill Condo
$750,000 | 15 Madison Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
This classic Observatory Hill triple-decker is a perfect fusion of well-proportioned rooms, high ceilings, warm Fir hardwood flooring, and modern touches wrapped in a six-room, two-bedroom layout. The updated kitchen has loads of storage and counter space with a center island for casual eating. The wide opening between the living and dining room creates a “great room” ideal for entertaining. Other standouts include amble in-unit closets and storage, additional basement storage, shared outdoor space, and yard. Situated between Harvard and Porter Squares this location is a commuter’s and cultural lover’s delight, near two Red Line Stations, Commuter Rail, Hubway Bike Station, Route 2, and 93 with an abundance of culinary and cool hangouts.
In an effort to follow COVID-19 protocols, please refer to the following showing instructions:
- Please view the virtual tour and review all property information prior to scheduling a showing.
- All visitors please wear masks and socially distance while in and on the property.
- Visitors will be asked to use hand sanitizer or be given a fresh pair of gloves before entering the property.
- Bathroom facilities may not be used.
- All discussions about the property to take place outside so as to keep the interior visits as brief as possible.
Showings are by appointment only, preferably within the time frames below, we will be booking in 15 min. slots.
Thursday, July 16th 4:30-6:00 pm, Friday, July 17th 2:30-4:00 pm, Saturday, July 18th 2:00-3:30 pm, Sunday, July 19th 11:30 am-1:00 pm
- 6 Rooms, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath
- Living Area: 980 interior sf
- Year Built: 1912
- Year Converted: 1985
- Condo Fee: $144/month
- As you enter the first floor, there is a large hall coat closet.
- The full bath is off of the entrance hall. This classic bathroom has an original ball and claw tub fitted with a shower, a pedestal sink, a storage cabinet, and a large window.
- Warm fir flooring and high ceilings throughout.
- The living room features a bay window and a stained-glass piano window. The wide opening between the living and dining room creates a “great room,” ideal for entertaining.
- The dining room also has a bay window and a beautiful natural wood built-in china cabinet.
- The kitchen features black granite counters, white cabinetry with a stainless-steel Whirlpool refrigerator, a 4-burner gas range with vent hood, and a Bosch dishwasher (new in 2016). There is a center island for casual eating and three windows, making this a bright and fun place to gather.
- Both bedrooms are equally sized and have two windows and customized closet buildouts.
- Off the kitchen, you’ll find a versatile space that can be used as a mudroom, office nook, or storage space, with a built-in storage system.
- There is private direct access to the basement where you’ll find the shared washer and dryer and a private storage area for this unit.
Systems & Basement:
- Weil-McLain oil-fired boiler (installed in 2000), operated by a Nest thermostat.
- Hot Water: gas-fired 40-gallon Jetglas, new in June 2020.
- Electrical: 100 amps through circuit breakers.
- Laundry is shared and located in the basement with a Whirlpool Duet front loading washer and dryer.
- There is designated storage in the basement.
Exterior and Property:
- The exterior is wood shingle on the 2nd and 3rd floors and asbestos on the 1st. The exterior was painted in July 2020.
- Roof: rubber roof (replaced in 2004).
- Parking: On-street with a residential permit.
- Backyard landscaping being updated in July/August 2020.
Association & Financial Information:
- 3-unit association, 2 are currently owner-occupied.
- The association is self-managed.
- The beneficial interest is 28%.
- Condo Fee: $144/month. This covers master insurance, water & sewer, maintenance, and capital reserve.
- Association Account: There will be about $4-5,000 in the association's bank account once the exterior work is completed.
- Tax Information: $$1,683.60 (FY'20 with the Residential Exemption).
- Pet friendly, 1 pet per unit, up to 40 pounds.
- Average monthly gas bill is $23 per month, per Eversource.
- Average monthly electricity bill is $51 per month, per Eversource.
- Seasonal oil cost was $450 and was provided by MacFarlane Energy.
- Windows are approximately 9 years old.
- Front and back decks rebuilt approximately 9 years ago, and updated, inspected and repainted July 2020.