166 Sycamore, Somerville—turn of the century top floor duplex
$850,000 | 166 Sycamore Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02145
Set in an elegant turn of the century home with modern design touches throughout, this eclectic upper level duplex gives you plenty of elbow room with nearly 2300-square-feet, nine gracious rooms, high ceilings and superb outdoor space. The expansive main rooms—living, dining and kitchen flow together beautifully making large gatherings a breeze with room to social distance and right off of the kitchen is a 134-square-foot mahogany deck with treetop views. There’s a large bedroom with a walk in closet, a sizable office offering an ideal space to work from home and a full bath. On the top floor you’ll find a cozy family room with vaulted ceilings and skylights, two more bedrooms including the primary king sized bedroom, and a full bath.
Other standouts are garage parking, common yard and patio, central a/c and loads of basement storage. Nestled in the hip Winter Hill neighborhood, this location is a commuter’s delight—minutes to the “coming soon” Green Line T at Gilman Square, the Orange Line, Route 93, and near an abundance of culinary and cool hangouts like Sarma, Winter Hill Brewery and Assembly Row.
- 9 rooms, 3 bedrooms, 2 studies, 2 baths
- Living area: 2287 square feet
- Garage parking
- Year built: 1910 / converted: 2006
- Condo fee: $305 /month
- Upon entering this home, you are welcomed into a foyer then up the grand wood carved staircase passing by two stained-glass windows along the way. At the top of the stairs is your first glimpse of the main living level.
- Living room, dining room and home office: These spacious open rooms flow together beautifully making large gatherings a breeze while being able to social distance. Highlighted with warm wood flooring throughout, high ceilings, a modern wall mounted fireplace and surrounded by windows. There’s a private office that offers a quiet space for at home learning or business.
- kitchen: Visually connected to the dining room by an open pass through, the efficient kitchen features wood shaker style cabinets with black granite counter tops and a deep under-mount sink with disposal. Stainless steel appliances include Bosch 4-burner gas range with exterior venting exhaust hood, Bosch dishwasher, and Amana refrigerator. This room is warm and sunny with three windows and a large skylight.
- Private mahogany deck: This 134-square-foot mahogany deck provides treetop views and is a great spot for al fresco dining.
- Bedroom one: One of the three bedrooms is on this level, large enough for a queen or king sized bed with a walk-in closet/ dressing room. This room can also be used as another home office.
- Full bath: This bath features a tub/shower combo and single sink vanity.
- The top floor living space has vaulted ceilings with skylights, a great space for a TV and family room. There are two bedrooms and a full bath on this level.
- Primary bedroom and third bedroom: The large primary bedroom can accommodate a king-sized bed, has a seating area for relaxing or reading and a wall of closets with custom built-ins.
- Full bath: Features a walk in shower with tile surround and a glass shower door, tile flooring, a single sink vanity and a skylight.
- Samsung stacked washer and dryer is on this level along with extra storage closets throughout.
Systems & Basement:
- Heat: Burnham gas fired hot water radiator system 2013. Controlled by an Ecobee thermostat.
- Central a/c: Top floor only, Goodman HVAC age approximate 2006.
- Hot water: Rheem 40 gallon gas fired 2012.
- Electric: Circuit breakers.
- Plenty of designated storage in the basement and a lockable workshop room.
Exterior and Property:
- Windows: Replacement.
- Exterior: Painted cement fiber shingles.
- Roof: Asphalt shingles, age unknown.
- Parking: One garage space.
- Yard: Common yard and patio.
- Deck: Private 134 Sf mahogany, painted 2020.
Association & Financial Information:
- 2-unit self-managed association.
- The beneficial interest for this condo is 65%.
- Condo Fee: $305 /month. This covers master insurance, and water & sewer.
- Tax Information: FY ‘20 $7,780 without residential discount.
- Pet friendly with a maximum of two pets.
- Garage roof and door replaced in 2018.
- Driveway paved in 2016.
- Front porch: decking, steps, new handrail to comply with code requirements and one column replaced in 2016, painted in 2020.
- Irrigation system, front and side yards.