213 Green Street—Central Square top floor duplex Brownstone
$1,000,000 | 213 Green Street , Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
Tucked behind the bustling hub of Central Square, you’ll find this dreamy penthouse Brownstone updated in 2018. This two bed + loft is a bright and tranquil retreat yet just minutes away from the urban excitement of the square. The main living level is an expansive gathering space with an elegant living room and half bath on one side of the entry stairway, and a large eat-in kitchen that is connected to a sunny private deck—picture yourself enjoying a meal with loved ones inside and outside. Moving upstairs there are two ensuite bedrooms with cathedral ceilings—as a fun added bonus, take the spiral stairs to the skylit loft. Plus, all these 2018 improvements: updated bathrooms, HVAC, roof, and front windows, and more. The neighborhood is the epicenter of Cambridge’s most acclaimed restaurants like Craigie on Main, Little Donkey and trendy cafes like Flour. MIT, the redline train and a host of urban delights are only blocks away.
- Living Area: 1251 SF
- 5 rooms, 2 bedrooms + loft, 2 ½ baths
- Year Built 1875, Renovated 2018
- Condo Fee: $200/month
Main Living Level (2nd floor of building):
- Entrance: Upon entering this top floor duplex, you are greeted by high ceilings and modern light fixtures, and are immediately struck by the warm and sunny vibe of this home.
- Living room: To the left is the living room, with a bow window and one additional window, with beautiful oak flooring, recessed lighting, and crown molding throughout. Connected to the living room is a large walk-in coat/storage closet and a half bath.
- Half Bathroom: The powder room is outfitted with tile flooring, a rectangular porcelain sink over a white vanity, and 2 floating shelves.
- Eat-in kitchen: To the right is the eat-in kitchen with white cabinetry, and blue eyes granite countertops with a herringbone tile backsplash. The stainless-steel appliance suite includes Frigidaire Gallery series French door refrigerator with bottom freezer, dishwasher, 5-Burner gas range with double oven and a microwave. There’s a built-in banquette that creates an eating area large enough to accommodate a dinner party. This area is bright and sunny with two windows and a glass French door that opens onto the private back deck.
- Private deck: Off of the kitchen is a huge 17 ft x 10 ft private deck with a built-in wraparound bench. A great gathering space for dining alfresco!
Bedroom Level (3rd floor of building):
- Bedroom one: Has amazing cathedral ceilings with recessed lighting, oak flooring and a wall of closets with a built-in dresser that was added in 2018. There’s a box bay window that creates a tranquil seating niche or home office, and an additional window making this a bright and relaxing suite.
- Ensuite full bath: Renovated in 2018 and features tile flooring, a walk-in shower with mosaic tile base, white subway tile surround, a rolling glass door, and a wood vanity with a quartz countertop and a recessed medicine cabinet.
- Bedroom two: Also has amazing cathedral ceilings with recessed lighting, oak flooring, 2 windows, and a deep closet.
- Ensuite full bath: Renovated in 2018 and features tile flooring with radiant heat, a shower/tub combo with white subway tile surround, a porcelain sink with legs, a recessed medicine cabinet, and 2 floating shelves.
- There is a washer/dryer hook-up in a hallway closet, as well as two additional shelved closets for linens and toiletries.
Up the spiral staircase you’ll find a skylit loft that can be used as a meditation space or an extra sleeping spot, or just a huge extra storage space. The ceilings were recently insulated, drywalled and painted.
- AC: 2018 Lennox HVAC forced air system.
- Heat: gas-fired Navien 2-zone hot water baseboard system controlled by Nest thermostats.
- Hot Water: gas-fired Navien on demand system (2018).
- Electrical: 100 amps circuit breakers.
- Laundry: Hook-ups including a gas connection for dryer are in a hallway closet.
- Note: Plumbing and electrical were updated in 2018 as part of the renovation.
Exterior and Property:
- Windows: All windows except 3 on the rear were replaced (2018).
- Roof: Slate and flat rubber replaced (2018).
- Brick Facade: Front lintels repaired (2018).
- Gutters: Copper installed (2018).
- New exterior front door, mailboxes and lighting: 2018
- Private deck: 170 sq ft rear deck was freshly painted (September 2020).
Condo Association & Financial Information:
- 2-unit self-managed association, 100% owner-occupied.
- Condo Fee: $200/month, which includes master insurance, water & sewer, common electricity, and maintenance.
- Condo Account Balance: $2,907 (as of October 2020)
- Beneficial Interest: This unit has 50%.
- Pets: pet friendly.
- Taxes: $2,652.52, FY20 which includes the residential exemption discount.
- Utilities: Eversource, electric average $81 per month and gas average $38 per month.
- Rentals: must be for a minimum term of 30 days.
- Foam insulation, drywall and recessed lighting were added to second and third floor ceilings in 2018.
- Parking: Street parking with City of Cambridge Permit and rental parking is available in the Green Street Garage (260 Green Street). Note that the concrete barriers in front of the property will be removed prior to snow plowing season.
- Exclusion: Washer & Dryer.