Set on an idyllic tree-lined street in Mid-Cambridge, this eye-catching Gambrel Colonial Revival offers expansive interior spaces, lofty high ceilings, and large light-flooded windows that will leave an indelible impression on all who visit. On the main level of this second and top-floor duplex are the grand living and dining rooms, an eat-in kitchen, two bedrooms, and a full bath. Moving upstairs you’ll find an enormous master bedroom suite, two additional bedrooms, and another full bath. Other notable features include three private porches that bring the outside in, a shared backyard, off-street parking and basement storage— you’d be challenged to find this much space and these features in a single-family home. Come and experience this superb property surrounded by the abundant culinary and cultural offerings of Harvard, Central, Inman, and Kendall Squares.
● Living Area: 2,046 interior sq ft
● 8 Rooms, 4 bedrooms, 1 study, 3 full baths
● Year Built: 1903
● Converted: 2020.
Parking: 1 off street spot in driveway, next to the house.
Systems & Storage:
● Heat: Burnham gas-fired boiler with 3 zones is older but working well. The system operates through forced hot water baseboards and there are 2 programmable thermostats and one traditional one.
● Central Air Conditioning: there are 2 Goodman systems located in the attic, one for the 2nd floor and one for the 3rd floor. The systems are older and have been recently serviced. There are 2 thermostats.
● Water heater: GE 50-gallon gas-fired tank (replaced in 2012).
● Electrical: circuit breakers.
● Basement storage: private area.
● Attic: storage space accessed by a pull-down staircase
● Laundry: front-loading stackable Samsung washer and Kenmore gas dryer are included in the sale.
Exterior and Property:
● Windows: All new windows with the exception of the kitchen which are 6 years old.
● Roof: Rubber and asphalt architectural shingles (replaced in 2018).
● Vinyl siding.
● Stone walkway and front porch.
● Shared backyard with exclusive use areas.
● Two private front decks and one rear deck.
Condo Association & Financial Information:
● 2-unit self-managed association. The 1st floor is currently rented, and the Sellers will be moving there once the lease has expired.
● Condo Fee: $394/month, which includes estimates for Master Insurance, Water & Sewer, Maintenance, Snow Removal, Landscaping and Capital Reserve).
● This is a new condo conversion. Buyers will deposit 2 month’s condo fees at closing to establish the new condo account.
● This unit has a 60% beneficial interest.
● Pet friendly for up to 2 pets.
Tax Information: the building is currently assessed as a 2-family by the City of Cambridge and 2020 taxes are approximately $11,481/year. Until the City of Cambridge assesses the building as 2 condos, Unit #2 will pay 60% of the real estate tax bill, which would be $6,889.
● Property is located in the Mid Cambridge Neighborhood Conservation District. Information can be found here
A unique cultural community that blends old and new.Learn More
The Dana Schaefer and True Home Partners are a leading real estate team in Cambridge and Greater Boston. They have helped hundreds of buyers find their dream home in Massachusetts.Contact Us