49 Thurston, Unit 2 Somerville—Large and Lovely Just Renovated
$900,000 | 49 Thurston Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02145
Bright and beautifully updated, this top floor two level home with it’s high ceilings, gracious rooms and superb outdoor spaces is nestled in the hip Winterhill neighborhood. The heart of this home is a brand new kitchen that's open to the dining and gathering space directly connecting you to a spacious private deck. Walls were removed to expand the architect designed kitchen—fully loaded with new appliances, cabinetry, countertops and flooring. There are two flanking main rooms with attached full baths, both can be used as en-suite bedrooms or one as a cozy family room with a fireplace. Upstairs you’ll find whimsical structural ceiling lines, vaulted and curved with skylights and special nooks and crannies, two additional bedrooms and a brand new full bathroom. 2020 updates include, 7 zone mini-splits A/C & Heat, electrical, kitchen, top floor bathroom, flooring, and freshly painted, to name a few. Other standouts like two-car parking, private back yard, additional front deck, and loads of basement storage checks all the boxes. This location is a commuter’s delight minutes to the “coming soon” Green Line T at Gilman Sq, and Rt 93, and near an abundance of culinary and cool hangouts like Sarma and Winterhill Brewery.
- 7 Rooms, 3-4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths
- Living Area: 1981 sq ft
- Year Built: 1875
- Year Converted: 2017
- Condo Fee: $333/month
Interior Main Level:
- Upon entering this home, you are welcomed into a gracious foyer with high ceilings, a decorative stained-glass window, deep crown moldings, and a roomy coat closet.
- From there your focus is pulled towards the heart of this home with its newly updated kitchen that's open to the dining and gathering space, directly connecting you to a spacious private deck.
- Walls were removed and a large island was added to expand the well-designed kitchen. The island has two glass pendants and an overhang that accommodates three stools for casual dining. The open plan has new white shaker-style cabinets and drawers, quartz and butcher block countertops, and a Frigidaire slide-in gas stove. The 36” GE French door refrigerator is between the island and the plentiful pantry cabinets. A Whirlpool dishwasher and a deep sink with a pull-down faucet rounds out the culinary amenities.
- Off of the dining room is a 12 ft x 12 ft deck, a great alfresco living/eating space.
- There are two main bedrooms with attached full baths. Both can be used as ensuite bedrooms and both have front facing bay windows, one side window each, and access to a 16 ft x 8 ft front deck.
- The largest of these two rooms is the main bedroom with random width pine floors, recessed lights, and a generously sized double closet. It’s attached 4-piece bathroom features a walk-in shower, a deep soaking tub, and a vanity with a vessel sink. This bathroom is also accessible to the main living area off of the foyer.
- The second main room would equally be suitable as a family room or ensuite bedroom. This room has a beautiful marble mantel with a gas stove insert and a window seat built into the bay. It’s attached bathroom has a tile floor, a walk-in shower with a built-in bench, and a single sink vanity.
- The laundry room is off of the bathroom, complete with Kenmore side-by-side washer and gas dryer, which are included in the sale. The laundry area also has plentiful cabinets for storage and a utility closet with shelves.
Interior Second Level:
- Upstairs you’ll find whimsical structural ceiling lines, vaulted and curved with skylights and special nooks and crannies with two additional bedrooms and a brand-new full bathroom. Next to the stairs is a fun child’s play area or a great extra storage spot.
- The larger bedroom has cathedral ceilings, barrel vaulted window openings, a ceiling fan, a skylight, bamboo floors, built in cabinetry and a closet.
- The smaller bedroom was formerly used as an office and also features cathedral ceilings, recessed lights, bamboo floors, and a skylight.
- The newly added bathroom (2020) is absolutely stunning with its barrel-vaulted window openings and streaming light. A walk-in shower has subway tile surround, a herringbone tile floor and rolling glass shower doors. The overall flooring is large format tile. And, a tasteful vanity with a mirrored medicine cabinet. The American Standard toilet is a water-saving dual flush.
Systems & Basement:
- Heat & AC: 7 zone high-efficiency Fujitsu split ductless system.
- Hot water: Ruud 50-gallon gas-fired tank (new in 2015).
- There is designated storage in the basement with 265 sq ft.
Exterior and Property:
- Exterior: vinyl siding.
- Roof: asphalt shingle, approximately 15 years old.
- Parking: Two tandem spots in driveway, closest to the house.
- Yard: private fenced in back yard.
- Decks: private 12 ft x 12 ft off of kitchen area and 16 ft x 8 ft front porch.
Association & Financial Information:
- 2-unit self-managed association. 1st floor is owner-occupied.
- The beneficial interest for this condo is 57%.
- Condo Fee: $333/month. This covers master insurance, water & sewer, maintenance, and capital reserve - as of August 2020.
- Association Account: there is currently $5,739 as of August 2020.
- Tax Information: $3,679.66 FY21 estimated.
- Pet friendly.
- Condo must be owner-occupied for the 1st year and any leases must be for a 1-year period.