Wonderful Riverside two-family gem, set on a leafy one-way street around the corner from historic Harvard Square, the Charles River, renown eateries and local hangouts. This lovely 11-room home is anchored by amazing outdoor spaces—a landscaped rear yard with garden blooms from early spring to late fall of flowering cherry, apple and magnolia trees, bulbs and bluebells, and a massive roof deck on the top floor to watch the stars. The interior is classic turn of the century with high ceilings and warm oak hardwood floors, consisting of three levels of living and a full basement. This home is solid with great bones and has been lovingly maintained. Use as a two-family, 4-room/1+ bedroom on the 1st floor, and 7-room/3 bedroom on the upper floors or convert back to a single family that you can customize and design to fit your needs. A bike commuter’s dream location and minutes from many modes of public transportation, you can live the “green life”. And for those with cars, there are rental and garage purchase options nearby. This one won’t last!
· 11 Rooms, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bath
2,300 sf total of living space on 3 levels with 998 sq ft of unfinished basement.
Basement and Systems:
· 998 sq ft unfinished basement
o 2019 sump pump
o 2017 dehumidifier
o 2009 updates: concrete floor poured, walls refurbished, and French drain installed.
· Laundry: 2019 Maytag front loading washing machine, and Amana electric dryer
○ Unit 1, 2003 Peerless gas-fired cast iron forced hot water boiler.
○ Unit 2, 2018 Burnham gas-fired steam boiler.
· Cooling: 2019 Fujitsu mini-split 3 zone ductless system with central air conditioning and heating, one on each floor.
· Hot water:
○ Unit 1, 40 gallon gas-fired Rheem tank (2018).
○ Unit 2, 40-gallon gas-fired Bradford White tank (2014).
· Electrical: 100 amps/apartment through circuit breakers (Note: the connection from the street to the pole was updated in 2019).
· Yard: 2,420 sq ft lot, private fenced landscaped yard.
o The garden blooms from early spring to late fall with flowering cherry, apple and magnolia trees, bulbs and bluebells. The apple tree has edible, unsprayed apples in the Macintosh family in late summer.
· Roof deck: 2019 waterproofed and fire escape added in 2017.
· Roof: 2014 asphalt shingles.
· Siding: Painted cement asbestos shingles.
· Windows: Older sash windows with storms.
· Bicycle rack: 2019.
Taxes: $7,129 FY20 without Residential Exemption. If the house were owner-occupied, taxes would be reduced by $2,365 once the exemption is applied for.
Parking: Once offer is accepted, options for rental parking and garage parking purchase for $50,000 will be provided upon request.
A unique cultural community that blends old and new.Learn More
The Dana Schaefer and True Home Partners are a leading real estate team in Cambridge and Greater Boston. They have helped hundreds of buyers find their dream home in Massachusetts.Contact Us